Cancer Services is committed to providing quality education to our clients, helping them learn more about their specific cancer diagnosis. We also provide the community with educational materials surrounding cancer prevention and general health information as it relates to cancer.
The Welcome Center at Cancer Services provides access to current, accurate and educational information on cancer-related topics. The center has a welcoming atmosphere and is open to the general public, all clients and their families, friends and caregivers.
Programs & Services Available
- Over 1,000 books and DVDs available for loan
- Free pamphlets to take home and keep
- Referrals to reliable information
- Cancer 101 – a monthly speaker series that offers relevant and helpful information to those affected by cancer. Check out our calendar of events by clicking here to learn about each month’s topics and speakers.
Cancer 101 is a monthly speaker series that offers relevant and helpful information to those affected by cancer. Each month is a different topic. Meetings take place every fourth Thursday of the month at Cancer Services from noon – 1 p.m. Lunch is served.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Music Therapy
- Financial Planning
- Side effects of cancer treatment
- and more
Cancer Services is committed to providing information about our organization to the community at large. Please contact us if you would like us to come and speak to your organization.
For more information, please call 225-927-2273.
Looking for family and children’s programs?
Cancer Services provides a number of options to help people of all ages whose lives are affected by cancer. Learn more about our specific programs today.