COVID-19 Information Updates
Our mission is clear – to improve life for those living with cancer.
A local and independent nonprofit, Cancer Services opened in 1959 to serve the tangible needs of people living with cancer in Greater Baton Rouge. Over the years, the agency’s scope has evolved to empower cancer patients and their families by helping to meet the financial, physical and emotional needs that arise during the cancer journey. All services are free of charge, and we serve a 10-parish area that includes Ascension, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville, Livingston, Pointe Coupee, St. Helena, St. James, West Baton Rouge and West Feliciana Parishes.
- This year, over 4,000 people in the Greater Baton Rouge area will hear the words “you have cancer.”
- Cancer Services joins the entire cancer community in encouraging yearly checkups and recommended cancer screenings. Early detection can make all the difference.
- Cancer Services hosts numerous support and exercise opportunities monthly, including children’s events and educational programs.
- In addition to financial assistance for those most in need, Cancer Services loans medical equipment and distributes medical supplies and nutritional supplements to help ease the high cost of a cancer diagnosis.
- Cancer Services is committed to continually finding the best ways to serve individuals affected by cancer.
Please contact us at (225) 927-2273 for any additional information.