You Can Help Us Help Others!
Volunteers are essential to Cancer Services.
We serve over 4,000 individuals each year, and with limited staff, we rely heavily on help from the community, which continuously finds creative ways to support our mission. We could not do what we do without our volunteers, and we truly appreciate their service! You can apply to volunteer with Cancer Services by filling out a registration form found through the link at the bottom of the page.
We have a number of volunteer needs that can be filled by people who:
- Want to make a difference in someone’s life
- Are dependable
- Can commit to regularly scheduled volunteer hours
- Can help with a one-time event
- Work well with others
- Want to improve life for those living with cancer
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Phone volunteers – Answer calls to Cancer Services and potentially assist with clerical work
- Distribution volunteers – Load medical equipment and nutritional supplements for clients who are picking up their monthly supplies
- Welcome Center volunteers – Greet clients and keep them company while directing them to where they need to go within the agency
- Health fair volunteers – Help inform community members about Cancer Services and basic cancer information at fairs throughout the year
- Children’s events volunteers – Help supervise and entertain children at our monthly events
- Children’s summer camp counselors– Throughout the year, Cancer Services hosts camps for children affected by cancer or a loss. Volunteer counselors are need to help with the facilitation of the camps. For more information and to learn what camps currently need counselors, click here. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
- Fundraising volunteers
- Hosting fundraising events at your work or school
- Special event volunteers
For more information on volunteering, contact us at 225-927-2273.
Apply to Volunteer at Cancer Services
Volunteers are essential to Cancer Services. We serve over 4,000 individuals each year, and with limited staff, we rely heavily on the help on the help of the Greater Baton Rouge community, which continuously finds creative ways to support us.