You Can Help Us Help Others!
Volunteers are essential to Cancer Services. We serve over 4,000 individuals each year, and with limited staff, we rely heavily on the help on the help of the Baton Rouge community, which continuously finds creative ways to support us. We could not do what we do without our volunteers. Thank you for your dedication and commitment to helping us continue our mission—to improve life for those living with cancer.
We have a number of volunteer needs that can be filled by people who:
- Want to make a difference in someone’s life
- Are dependable
- Can commit to regularly scheduled volunteer hours
- Can help with a one-time event
- Work well with others
- Want to improve life for those living with cancer
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Phone volunteers – Answer calls to Cancer Services and potentially assist with clerical work.
- Distribution volunteers – Load medical equipment and nutritional supplements for clients who are picking up their monthly supplies.
- Reception volunteers – Greet clients and keep them company while directing them to where they need to go within the agency.
- Special Event volunteers – Help with weekend or after-hours events throughout the year.
- Health Fair volunteers – Help inform community members about Cancer Services and basic cancer information at fairs throughout the year.
- Children’s Events volunteers – Help supervise and entertain children at our monthly events.
- Children’s Summer Camp Counselor – Cancer Services is seeking volunteers for Camp Climb and Camp Care. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. For more information and to apply, please click here.
- Fundraising volunteers
- Hosting fundraising events at your work or school
- Specil event volunteers
For more information on volunteering, contact us at 225-927-2273.
Apply to Volunteer at Cancer Services
Volunteers are essential to Cancer Services. We serve over 4,000 individuals each year, and with limited staff, we rely heavily on the help on the help of the Baton Rouge community, which continuously finds creative ways to support us.