Cancer Services’ Annual Children’s Holiday Party is something kids and families affected by cancer look forward to every year. An afternoon full of music, dancing, food, presents, crafts and, of course, Santa, is made possible through many generous donors, sponsors and volunteers in the Baton Rouge community. Below are just a few examples of the amazing generosity.
- Embassy Suites – for over 20 years, Embassy Suites has donated the space and much of the food for this party. Without them and their enthusiastic staff it would not be possible.
- John Ballance Photography – John donates his time to take family pictures with Santa, which Cancer Services prints and sends to the families.
- Louisiana Cajun Needlers of Ascension – this dedicated group meets each month at Ascension’s Council on Aging and knits over 200 stockings each year that are filled with small toys and candy to pass out to the children.
- National Chairty League – members help stuff stockings and volunteer at the party to dance, help with crafts and serve food.
- Nicholas Migliacio – a 3rd grader at Most Blessed Sacrament, donated a carload of toys he purchased after holding a fundraiser with his friends and family. This is his second year to do this, inspired by family members who have fought cancer. Learn more about Nicholas on his Facebook page here.
- Premier Sound – Robert Blanchard and his team are great friends to Cancer Services, donating DJ time and keeping the kids and families dancing all afternoon!
- Southern University School of Social Work – for the second year, students held a toy drive. This year they collected dozens of toys and volunteered at the party.
- Zachary Morgan and Hasbro – The founder of Zach’s Lidz for Kidz, a group that donates hats to children who have lost their hair, 8-year-old Zach was chosen by Hasbro as a Joy Maker in thier national campaign led by GenerationOn. He donated the toys and dollars from the award and attended the party with some friends. Click here to read more about Zach.
- Santa Claus – Last but not least, Santa takes time out of his busy schedule to attend our holiday party. He has a special place in his heart for children affected by cancer and we can’t thank him enough for stopping by!