See below for a list of all our support groups and when they occur monthly. Unless otherwise noted, groups meet at Cancer Services, 550 Lobdell Avenue in Baton Rouge.
Click here to visit our calendar that includes all educational, support and exercise events.
Support groups provide the opportunity for cancer survivors to meet other survivors with a similar diagnosis. Meetings are held once monthly and last approximately one hour. All noon meetings are served lunch and evening meetings served dinner. No RSVPs necessary.
- Coffee Talk – informal conversations over coffee with cancer survivors: Every Tuesday, 10 a.m.
- General Cancer Support Groups:
- First Tuesday, 6 p.m. (Young adult focused)
- Second Thursday, noon (Brain cancer concentration)
- Third Monday, noon (Digestive cancer concentration) – This support group is made possible through a partnership with the Colon Cancer Coalition/Get Your Rear in Gear
- Fourth Friday, noon (Blood cancer concentration)
- Breast Cancer: Third Wednesday, noon – This support group is made possible through a partnership with Woman’s Hospital
- Caregiver, Fourth Wednesday, 10 a.m.
- Survive DAT (for young adult breast cancer survivors): Second Tuesday, 6 p.m. – SurviveDat is made possible through a partnership with Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
- GYN Cancer, Second Wednesday, noon – This support group is made possible through a partnership with Woman’s Hospital
- Lung, Oral, Head & Neck Cancer, Third Wednesday, 4 p.m.
- Pancreatic Cancer: First Friday, noon
- Prostate Cancer: First Monday, 7 p.m. – Baton Rouge General – Bluebonnet/Pennington Cancer Center
- Prostate Cancer at Mt. Pilgrim Church: 1st Tuesday, 7 p.m.
- Grief Support Group – Every Tuesday, noon
- Grands Helping Grands (grandparent support group): check calendar for dates and times
- Williamsburg Senior Living Support Group – Fourth Wednesday, 5 p.m.
- Ascension Parish Support Group, Fourth Wednesday, noon – First United Methodist Church, Gonzales
- West Feliciana Parish Support Group, First Wednesday, noon – St. Francisville United Methodist Church
For more information on support groups, please call 225-927-2273.