Although many cancer survivors have a strong network of family and friends eager to provide support, they may not fully understand what it is like to cope with a cancer diagnosis. That's why Cancer Services offers support groups each month for cancer patients and survivors to share their stories with one another. Some are specific to the type of cancer, others are offered in outlying parishes, some are even for patients’ families and friends, helping them learn about the disease and connect with others who have loved ones living with cancer..
You can also print the current month's calendar of events by clicking here.
When one joins a cancer support group, one can:
- Share questions, concerns and feelings
- Connect with others who understand
- Enhance your knowledge and understanding of your type of cancer
- Reduce your level of stress and anxiety
- Increase your coping skills
- Develop a sense of well-being