Although many cancer survivors have a strong network of family and friends eager to provide support, this group may not fully understand what it is like to cope with a cancer diagnosis. This is why Cancer Services offers over support groups each month for cancer patients and survivors to share their stories with one another. Some are specific to thetype of cancer, others are offered in outlying parishes, some are even for their family and friends to learn and connect with others who have loved ones that are diagnosed.
When one joins a cancer support group, one can:
- Share questions, concerns, and feelings
- Connect with others who understand
- Enhance your knowledge and understanding of your type of cancer
- Reduce your level of stress and anxiety
- Increase your coping skills
- Develop a sense of well-being